Skip to main content
Nothing ever really gets me down, other than when I feel that I am not wanted. One of the saddest moments is when someone isn't happy to see you. Body language tells a whole story on it's own. How pathetic is it that someone you barely know can raise a bigger smile.

I hate life in university sometimes. None of the lecturers, professors, doctors, tutors, teaching assistants really care if you do well. Their job is to come to lesson, dictate the information word by word. If you are smart enough to question what you're learning, what you're doing then good for you. If you aren't, then try your best to tread water and not drown in the ocean. For the next 4 years.

I don't understand how one can improve and learn from mistakes when tests don't even come back, not even results. Are we supposed to just bumble our way around? How am I supposed to know if I'm doing things right or wrong. Throwing people into tests without any practices just doesn't make any sense to me alright. I get we're supposed to be proactive learners but if you're in the business of education, then maybe put in some effort ?!

It's just that education right now seems to be focused on who's intelligent and who isn't, and hardwork doesn't even factor in the equation.
So that's what it's come to.

Met up with a JC friend over lunch on Wednesday. Gosh I miss JC so much :'(

Comments

Charlotte said…
haha i share your sentiments. it's the same here and we never really get to learn from our mistakes

it's quite dumb really, they tell us that 'the world out there's like that' but i still don't see how not giving a shit about us will prepare better for working life
Michelle Chia said…
Sobs. Damn sadddddd. I hate it la haha.

Popular posts from this blog

German's the first module in a long long time that I've taken that requires hardcore mugging. I think I forgot how to memorize and hardcore mug. Godbless my headache.  Peace.

Really?

It's been almost 5 months since the trip to Cambodia, but, it doesn't nearly feel as long as that. It's probably cheesy to say that it's changed me for life, but I think that it has. Everytime I receive an email related to the orphange in Cambodia, I tend to reminisce about the whole experience there. It's almost awesomely weird that I can get so attached to people I've talked to, spent time with for only a few days. I guess, there's a sense of genuiness in what they say. No lies, no cover-ups. Getting through the initial awkwardness of shyness, of inhibition, makes it all the more fulfilling maybe. That Vimol and Sok Heng treated me as a friend, talked to me as friend to friend despite being strangers at the start of the day and despite the relative language barriers warms my heart. That Titu and Narin help out in every way that they can with all the smiles and laughter, makes me feel like I should be cheerful and happy 24/7. But I guess, realising that...

Take this sinking ship and point it home; We've still got time (Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová, Falling Slowly)

I just realised the reality of informing parents that I, their dear daughter, has failed Chem twice in a row. 43%. And that isn't a pretty picture. Its a son-of-a-bitch of a reality. It's always at this point of time wherein I panic, and regret not studying harder, though I can't quite change anything already. That panic should probably kick in 1 month before the exams where I actually can do something. Pity my reaction system is a tad delayed. And I don't seem to have conditioned to the idea of: Panic way before exam > Study > Do relatively ok > Happily ever after. It's probably also not good that I don't think critically enough. Observing and thinking should be natural. Just not coming to me. So there was a talk on how to write personal statements. So people get coached on how to write personal statements. Any random person's personal statement can be transformed from a bland boring one into a pretty, inspiring, lovely, memorable, unique one with ...