Skip to main content

Thank you for making me a Supergirl

It's painful. At least I'm getting used to it.
I feel like a bitch for having these thoughts.
Bitch I will be, for I'm exhausted putting the whole world before myself.
If you don't cherish this then so be it.
Cried my eyes out the day before 1003 over this whole shit. Worth it? no.  

Lab on Tuesday was bittersweet. Happy me is happy. Came up with the logic for solving the question! Felt good being able to explain what the circuit was about to my dad. Sad me is sad that I forgot to power up one side of the breadboard, finishing everything 5 minutes after 5, and my lab TA zao-ed on the dot at 5.

Life is pretty fine as it is now.

Little creepy girl with her little creepy face, saying funny things that you have never heard.
Do you know what it's all about? Are you brave enough to figure out?
Know that you could set your world on fire, if you are strong enough to leave your doubts.
She has a little gift, an amazing thing.
She will go and set the world on fire, no one ever thought she could do that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

German's the first module in a long long time that I've taken that requires hardcore mugging. I think I forgot how to memorize and hardcore mug. Godbless my headache.  Peace.

Really?

It's been almost 5 months since the trip to Cambodia, but, it doesn't nearly feel as long as that. It's probably cheesy to say that it's changed me for life, but I think that it has. Everytime I receive an email related to the orphange in Cambodia, I tend to reminisce about the whole experience there. It's almost awesomely weird that I can get so attached to people I've talked to, spent time with for only a few days. I guess, there's a sense of genuiness in what they say. No lies, no cover-ups. Getting through the initial awkwardness of shyness, of inhibition, makes it all the more fulfilling maybe. That Vimol and Sok Heng treated me as a friend, talked to me as friend to friend despite being strangers at the start of the day and despite the relative language barriers warms my heart. That Titu and Narin help out in every way that they can with all the smiles and laughter, makes me feel like I should be cheerful and happy 24/7. But I guess, realising that...

Take this sinking ship and point it home; We've still got time (Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová, Falling Slowly)

I just realised the reality of informing parents that I, their dear daughter, has failed Chem twice in a row. 43%. And that isn't a pretty picture. Its a son-of-a-bitch of a reality. It's always at this point of time wherein I panic, and regret not studying harder, though I can't quite change anything already. That panic should probably kick in 1 month before the exams where I actually can do something. Pity my reaction system is a tad delayed. And I don't seem to have conditioned to the idea of: Panic way before exam > Study > Do relatively ok > Happily ever after. It's probably also not good that I don't think critically enough. Observing and thinking should be natural. Just not coming to me. So there was a talk on how to write personal statements. So people get coached on how to write personal statements. Any random person's personal statement can be transformed from a bland boring one into a pretty, inspiring, lovely, memorable, unique one with ...