Skip to main content
I miss so many people, so many places, so much time gone past. There's so much sentimental longing some nights I would count the things I would willingly give up to have these things back.

Sometime in 2007 when we were cherubic innocent souls whiling our time away in Secondary 3. Wish we all didn't grow up.

Dear friend whom I love so dearly. We can talk for hours and hours and never get bored and do stupid things. STUPID things. 12th year of friendship, we somehow missed the decade annivesary oh wells. Let's wait for the 20th :D. (Didn't upload this on Facebook because the flash just.. ugh)

SYLVIA. So so so sorry I had to fly your kite this week. Work is killing me. The crazy girl who always goes shopping and out to eat good food with me (More of my retarded face I'm sorry haha)

Bimbo-lesbian forever! Haha, this is the one I never want to return to a year ago. Sad that you can no longer be lesbian with me, but so so happy for you that you're forever happy these days. :D That you were going to Engineering too made things less scary a year ++ ago ^^

It's funny isn't it how we never cherish what we have, and when it leaves us, we pine so hard for it. Recently I've been missing Australia so much. That 10 days of being carefree, being disconnected with everybody I am obliged to. Exploring and taking in the sights of the beauty of nature, that Australia has in abundance. I don't quite want to yearn for that time, because guilt and regret always sets in. I was so sulky because at that time I didn't feel this was the holiday I wanted. I resented having to deal with my mom and brother quarreling, having to compromise. But you see, compromise is important, compromise for the people you love, because who knows, this might be the only chance you see them happy. 

Most of all, I want to go back to when my house and the car was always filled with chatter, with laughter, with words. These days, all I hear is whatever program is being played on the television, whatever music I'm blasting through the earphones, the fridge opening and closing, the fan spinning, the toilet flushing, my dad yawning. Nobody even comes out of their room. My parents don't even speak to one another. I say speak, because there's shouting for sure. Suddenly it's a group of five strangers living under a roof. There isn't even a proper family photo to look back on. Truly, I wish I knew and could make everything better. 


And there's the situation that is so grey. 

The future is murky. What happens from now? I don't know. Wish someone would know. Maybe everybody's story is written out in words in a book somewhere. If so, at the moment I want to read the last page of mine and some others.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take this sinking ship and point it home; We've still got time (Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová, Falling Slowly)

I just realised the reality of informing parents that I, their dear daughter, has failed Chem twice in a row. 43%. And that isn't a pretty picture. Its a son-of-a-bitch of a reality. It's always at this point of time wherein I panic, and regret not studying harder, though I can't quite change anything already. That panic should probably kick in 1 month before the exams where I actually can do something. Pity my reaction system is a tad delayed. And I don't seem to have conditioned to the idea of: Panic way before exam > Study > Do relatively ok > Happily ever after. It's probably also not good that I don't think critically enough. Observing and thinking should be natural. Just not coming to me. So there was a talk on how to write personal statements. So people get coached on how to write personal statements. Any random person's personal statement can be transformed from a bland boring one into a pretty, inspiring, lovely, memorable, unique one with ...

Old women acting as students

So Class Learning Journey yesterday. Doubt we learnt anything watching old women acting as students - according to Kenneth - though. Most of us anyways. Not much of a bonding session for the class either. But, 'twas fun taking lesbian shots in front of Valentine's Day displays with Elizabeth and Tingfang and getting laughed at by blading chubby ang mohs. My dad really intends for me to study engineering o0. Highly doubt I'm going to do it, but I'm not saying anything more than a 'maybe I will' now. Wait until my results come back, then I'll launch into a quarrel with him lalalala. Pointless to do it now anyways. Need to study firsttt. Amazing how I'm wasting my time away in front of the computer. And the only B I got during promos - for GP, probably is down the drain now, seeing how my essay got torn apart by Miss Tan ):

Really?

It's been almost 5 months since the trip to Cambodia, but, it doesn't nearly feel as long as that. It's probably cheesy to say that it's changed me for life, but I think that it has. Everytime I receive an email related to the orphange in Cambodia, I tend to reminisce about the whole experience there. It's almost awesomely weird that I can get so attached to people I've talked to, spent time with for only a few days. I guess, there's a sense of genuiness in what they say. No lies, no cover-ups. Getting through the initial awkwardness of shyness, of inhibition, makes it all the more fulfilling maybe. That Vimol and Sok Heng treated me as a friend, talked to me as friend to friend despite being strangers at the start of the day and despite the relative language barriers warms my heart. That Titu and Narin help out in every way that they can with all the smiles and laughter, makes me feel like I should be cheerful and happy 24/7. But I guess, realising that...