Skip to main content
School, busy as a bee. Busy sleeping. I'm a pig. Every afternoon I nap for four hours. Is it any wonder that I can't sleep at night. Sacrificing work time for sleep :O

Had an extremely difficult third week of school. Sick and upset. Sleep sleep sleep all the illness away haha. Record of not seeing a doctor for illnesses for 6 (?) years maintains :D Though I nearly broke it last Wednesday night. The nights (and partly the days too) were freezing, but I would wake heating up. A difference one week can make.

January has been filled with ups and downs, events and work.

 04/01/2013,

Les Mis today. Watched it and decided my opinion of it doesn't change. Maybe it's set up too much like a musical. I just can't indulge in singing when speaking does the trick.

First time to glass house (so mountain tortoise). Seafood platter is damn gooooood.


RVR CNY decorations! The luminous lights look like they came straight out of a chinese horror movie. :/


02/02/2013, 
Chinese New Year reunion dinner/Nicole's 21st with the awesome people <3 a="" beat="" been="" br="" but="" decade="" each="" everybody="" friendship="" haven="" here="" it="" long="" lost="" next="" of="" other.="" s="" since="" so="" t="" the="" to="" turned="" up="" we="" with="">


And just like that I've known Pei for 11 years. Clinging on to each other for dear life when the two of us got transferred to the other class together. And more than a decade later here we are. Time flies.





Weatherman said it's gonna snow, by now I should be used to the cold; Mid-February shouldn't be so scary. It was only December, I remember;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Really?

It's been almost 5 months since the trip to Cambodia, but, it doesn't nearly feel as long as that. It's probably cheesy to say that it's changed me for life, but I think that it has. Everytime I receive an email related to the orphange in Cambodia, I tend to reminisce about the whole experience there. It's almost awesomely weird that I can get so attached to people I've talked to, spent time with for only a few days. I guess, there's a sense of genuiness in what they say. No lies, no cover-ups. Getting through the initial awkwardness of shyness, of inhibition, makes it all the more fulfilling maybe. That Vimol and Sok Heng treated me as a friend, talked to me as friend to friend despite being strangers at the start of the day and despite the relative language barriers warms my heart. That Titu and Narin help out in every way that they can with all the smiles and laughter, makes me feel like I should be cheerful and happy 24/7. But I guess, realising that...

Take this sinking ship and point it home; We've still got time (Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová, Falling Slowly)

I just realised the reality of informing parents that I, their dear daughter, has failed Chem twice in a row. 43%. And that isn't a pretty picture. Its a son-of-a-bitch of a reality. It's always at this point of time wherein I panic, and regret not studying harder, though I can't quite change anything already. That panic should probably kick in 1 month before the exams where I actually can do something. Pity my reaction system is a tad delayed. And I don't seem to have conditioned to the idea of: Panic way before exam > Study > Do relatively ok > Happily ever after. It's probably also not good that I don't think critically enough. Observing and thinking should be natural. Just not coming to me. So there was a talk on how to write personal statements. So people get coached on how to write personal statements. Any random person's personal statement can be transformed from a bland boring one into a pretty, inspiring, lovely, memorable, unique one with ...

Old women acting as students

So Class Learning Journey yesterday. Doubt we learnt anything watching old women acting as students - according to Kenneth - though. Most of us anyways. Not much of a bonding session for the class either. But, 'twas fun taking lesbian shots in front of Valentine's Day displays with Elizabeth and Tingfang and getting laughed at by blading chubby ang mohs. My dad really intends for me to study engineering o0. Highly doubt I'm going to do it, but I'm not saying anything more than a 'maybe I will' now. Wait until my results come back, then I'll launch into a quarrel with him lalalala. Pointless to do it now anyways. Need to study firsttt. Amazing how I'm wasting my time away in front of the computer. And the only B I got during promos - for GP, probably is down the drain now, seeing how my essay got torn apart by Miss Tan ):