Skip to main content



2:40 am. My sleeping habits have gone back to normal. By normal I mean normal by my standards which actually mean really bad. It improved during the period when I had to be on call to be my dad's chauffeur, but now the night owl in me is out to play again, and it refuses to disappear.

I've never realized up to now how huge DSLR images are. Post-processed images are at least 10MB. WHERE DO I FIND THE SPACE FOR THEM?! Hence, I decided to resize Day 1 of Korea Trip images to a more reasonable size: 4288 x 2600 pixels (or thereabouts), maintaining at 300dpi. But the resolution is really poor when I uploaded it to Facebook and I'm really upset about it now.

In a lazy funk though I want to blog about the trip. So here are three photos that I tried photoshopping to emulate a film look. So. Fail.

Anyhows I really love my new camera (: And I think I've fallen in love with polaroids as well. That and I want new lenses. Unfortunately I'm broke beyond words, especially since my phone screen cracked and I'm probably going to have to break the piggy bank to pay for the repair. The S4 screen is really really fragile and I wouldn't advice using the phone  without a protective cover.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

German's the first module in a long long time that I've taken that requires hardcore mugging. I think I forgot how to memorize and hardcore mug. Godbless my headache.  Peace.

Really?

It's been almost 5 months since the trip to Cambodia, but, it doesn't nearly feel as long as that. It's probably cheesy to say that it's changed me for life, but I think that it has. Everytime I receive an email related to the orphange in Cambodia, I tend to reminisce about the whole experience there. It's almost awesomely weird that I can get so attached to people I've talked to, spent time with for only a few days. I guess, there's a sense of genuiness in what they say. No lies, no cover-ups. Getting through the initial awkwardness of shyness, of inhibition, makes it all the more fulfilling maybe. That Vimol and Sok Heng treated me as a friend, talked to me as friend to friend despite being strangers at the start of the day and despite the relative language barriers warms my heart. That Titu and Narin help out in every way that they can with all the smiles and laughter, makes me feel like I should be cheerful and happy 24/7. But I guess, realising that...

Take this sinking ship and point it home; We've still got time (Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová, Falling Slowly)

I just realised the reality of informing parents that I, their dear daughter, has failed Chem twice in a row. 43%. And that isn't a pretty picture. Its a son-of-a-bitch of a reality. It's always at this point of time wherein I panic, and regret not studying harder, though I can't quite change anything already. That panic should probably kick in 1 month before the exams where I actually can do something. Pity my reaction system is a tad delayed. And I don't seem to have conditioned to the idea of: Panic way before exam > Study > Do relatively ok > Happily ever after. It's probably also not good that I don't think critically enough. Observing and thinking should be natural. Just not coming to me. So there was a talk on how to write personal statements. So people get coached on how to write personal statements. Any random person's personal statement can be transformed from a bland boring one into a pretty, inspiring, lovely, memorable, unique one with ...