Skip to main content
This semester feels really different somehow. I feel out of place in school. So many unfamiliar faces. Even when I bump into people I know, it's like they're strangers and it's not my school. Maybe it's the 3 months break. But even so i spent half of it in school. Though it does feel good to finally be more hardworking and be paying attention in class.

Time's flying past so quickly. Everybody's thinking of exchange, of internships, of recommendations, of life out of school. Three more years, 6 more semesters will pass too quickly.

Work's kind of crazy though it's only been 4 days of school. Every module needs basic knowledge of previous modules, which sad to say I never fully grasped. Gah, so much to do. Just happy that it's the end of socialising! Lie low. Stay low. Stick close to friends. Dao face on.

We live with the objective of being happy, our lives are all different yet the same. - Anne Frank

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

German's the first module in a long long time that I've taken that requires hardcore mugging. I think I forgot how to memorize and hardcore mug. Godbless my headache.  Peace.

Really?

It's been almost 5 months since the trip to Cambodia, but, it doesn't nearly feel as long as that. It's probably cheesy to say that it's changed me for life, but I think that it has. Everytime I receive an email related to the orphange in Cambodia, I tend to reminisce about the whole experience there. It's almost awesomely weird that I can get so attached to people I've talked to, spent time with for only a few days. I guess, there's a sense of genuiness in what they say. No lies, no cover-ups. Getting through the initial awkwardness of shyness, of inhibition, makes it all the more fulfilling maybe. That Vimol and Sok Heng treated me as a friend, talked to me as friend to friend despite being strangers at the start of the day and despite the relative language barriers warms my heart. That Titu and Narin help out in every way that they can with all the smiles and laughter, makes me feel like I should be cheerful and happy 24/7. But I guess, realising that...

Take this sinking ship and point it home; We've still got time (Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová, Falling Slowly)

I just realised the reality of informing parents that I, their dear daughter, has failed Chem twice in a row. 43%. And that isn't a pretty picture. Its a son-of-a-bitch of a reality. It's always at this point of time wherein I panic, and regret not studying harder, though I can't quite change anything already. That panic should probably kick in 1 month before the exams where I actually can do something. Pity my reaction system is a tad delayed. And I don't seem to have conditioned to the idea of: Panic way before exam > Study > Do relatively ok > Happily ever after. It's probably also not good that I don't think critically enough. Observing and thinking should be natural. Just not coming to me. So there was a talk on how to write personal statements. So people get coached on how to write personal statements. Any random person's personal statement can be transformed from a bland boring one into a pretty, inspiring, lovely, memorable, unique one with ...