Skip to main content

I can be tough, I can be strong

Next week shall be blocked off to home time. I'm burnt out from going out with people, and it's only been two days. Sometimes I feel like I'm putting up an act when I'm out, to fit in with different people. NO MOREEE.

Two days of watching The Dark Knight Rises consecutively. Two different groups of people. Two different sets of feelings. It's just so obvious who are sincere and who aren't. There are people that I can't tell if they're being sincere in their words or being sarcastic. These are the ones to put away at an arm's length. And then there's the company that make you feel just right at home. Thank you for that.

It's been a period of time where the more I find out about someone, the less I know that person. I guess it's never too late to learn the different faces of people. Time to re-evaluate who are the people I keep close to my heart.

The 10 days in China has really been a service and learning trip. We served. We helped. We learnt. I gained and strengthened friendships that I will always treasure.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

German's the first module in a long long time that I've taken that requires hardcore mugging. I think I forgot how to memorize and hardcore mug. Godbless my headache.  Peace.

Really?

It's been almost 5 months since the trip to Cambodia, but, it doesn't nearly feel as long as that. It's probably cheesy to say that it's changed me for life, but I think that it has. Everytime I receive an email related to the orphange in Cambodia, I tend to reminisce about the whole experience there. It's almost awesomely weird that I can get so attached to people I've talked to, spent time with for only a few days. I guess, there's a sense of genuiness in what they say. No lies, no cover-ups. Getting through the initial awkwardness of shyness, of inhibition, makes it all the more fulfilling maybe. That Vimol and Sok Heng treated me as a friend, talked to me as friend to friend despite being strangers at the start of the day and despite the relative language barriers warms my heart. That Titu and Narin help out in every way that they can with all the smiles and laughter, makes me feel like I should be cheerful and happy 24/7. But I guess, realising that...

Take this sinking ship and point it home; We've still got time (Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová, Falling Slowly)

I just realised the reality of informing parents that I, their dear daughter, has failed Chem twice in a row. 43%. And that isn't a pretty picture. Its a son-of-a-bitch of a reality. It's always at this point of time wherein I panic, and regret not studying harder, though I can't quite change anything already. That panic should probably kick in 1 month before the exams where I actually can do something. Pity my reaction system is a tad delayed. And I don't seem to have conditioned to the idea of: Panic way before exam > Study > Do relatively ok > Happily ever after. It's probably also not good that I don't think critically enough. Observing and thinking should be natural. Just not coming to me. So there was a talk on how to write personal statements. So people get coached on how to write personal statements. Any random person's personal statement can be transformed from a bland boring one into a pretty, inspiring, lovely, memorable, unique one with ...