Skip to main content

Run baby run

I feel the most alive after a good run. The last three months has really seen me becoming lazier and lazier, sleeping in and refusing to change out into running gear and go down for a run. I was really in tip top shape, running at least 5.5 clicks every day, 4 out of 7 days and the 5th day I would go out for an 8 click run. Lazing off has seen my stamina and determination disappear into thin air.

It's true that running is a mental game. When you're out there running, how far, how fast and how hard you run not only depends on your stamina but how fiercely determined you are to complete a good run. Lose concentration and you'll just stop. Be 'in the zone' and running 10 kilometers can be a piece of cake. That fierce mental game, just hasn't been there recently. (Sadly, this has shown up everywhere including school as well. Oh wells, I have next year to buck the fuck up. )

Building up that mental game and stamina again after losing them is hard. But hey, I'm getting into it. Music helps alot some days, though on others any song, fast or slow, just messes with my rhythm and I get very annoyed. Though right now while I try to become stronger again, a good playlist helps a lot. Heck I was so excited to wake up to run today, it's like I live for it.

So here's my brand new running playlist. I prefer the songs that have visions of grandeur. I find they help me to push harder. Anthem songs are particularly good for these. Any song with a good drum beat is good as well. Pretending to slam the drums help in forgetting the urge to stop early.



Track Listing:

  • Young & Beautiful - Lana Del Rey (Cedric Gervais Remix)
  • LaLaLa - Naughty Boy (Feat Sam Smith)
  • The Rock Harmony - Mashup-Germany
  • Wake me Radioactive - Mashup-Germany
  • Ten Feet Tall - Afrojack (Feat Wrabel) (The original by Wrabel is so tender and good as well)
  • Naughty Pompeii - Mashup-Germany
  • Things Can Only Get Better - Cedric Gervais Feat Howard Jones
  • Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey (Cedric Gervais Remix)
  • Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravtiz
  • Fighter - Christina Aguilera
  • Timber - Pitbull Feat Kesha
  • AWOLNATION - Sail
  • Can't Hold Us - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (Feat Ray Dalton)
  • Demons - Imagine Dragon
  • Feel This Moment - Pitbull (Feat Christina Aguilera)
Listening to songs may not work on every running session and may not be to everybody's tastes. I know of friends who don't like to have the rhythm of their pace affected by the music's beat. There are days when I get affected similarly too. But on sluggish days, it's always handy to have a good playlist lying around. 

The worst songs are the slow melancholic ones. I nearly fell asleep to some before. 
Trial & error is the best strategy to find what gets your pulse up best!

Hair's all over the place

Bloody hot midday run

Say hi to my shoes :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

German's the first module in a long long time that I've taken that requires hardcore mugging. I think I forgot how to memorize and hardcore mug. Godbless my headache.  Peace.

Really?

It's been almost 5 months since the trip to Cambodia, but, it doesn't nearly feel as long as that. It's probably cheesy to say that it's changed me for life, but I think that it has. Everytime I receive an email related to the orphange in Cambodia, I tend to reminisce about the whole experience there. It's almost awesomely weird that I can get so attached to people I've talked to, spent time with for only a few days. I guess, there's a sense of genuiness in what they say. No lies, no cover-ups. Getting through the initial awkwardness of shyness, of inhibition, makes it all the more fulfilling maybe. That Vimol and Sok Heng treated me as a friend, talked to me as friend to friend despite being strangers at the start of the day and despite the relative language barriers warms my heart. That Titu and Narin help out in every way that they can with all the smiles and laughter, makes me feel like I should be cheerful and happy 24/7. But I guess, realising that...

Take this sinking ship and point it home; We've still got time (Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová, Falling Slowly)

I just realised the reality of informing parents that I, their dear daughter, has failed Chem twice in a row. 43%. And that isn't a pretty picture. Its a son-of-a-bitch of a reality. It's always at this point of time wherein I panic, and regret not studying harder, though I can't quite change anything already. That panic should probably kick in 1 month before the exams where I actually can do something. Pity my reaction system is a tad delayed. And I don't seem to have conditioned to the idea of: Panic way before exam > Study > Do relatively ok > Happily ever after. It's probably also not good that I don't think critically enough. Observing and thinking should be natural. Just not coming to me. So there was a talk on how to write personal statements. So people get coached on how to write personal statements. Any random person's personal statement can be transformed from a bland boring one into a pretty, inspiring, lovely, memorable, unique one with ...