Skip to main content

We'll be counting stars

Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
// 2 years ago at the Nike 10KM Run. Truly everything that kills me makes me feel alive. Running kills my knees but it's when I run that I feel the most alive. Lately I've been clawing at old wounds again.

Have you ever tried this: You're going about your day perfectly fine. Doing your usual routine, completing your daily tasks, smiling to yourself maybe. Take an afternoon nap because time is on your side for once. Wake up feeling recharged, put on your running shoes and you leave for an evening run. A mundane day. Then, the memories and feelings start creeping in with no warning; no looming signs of its approach. It hits you silently. Just as a bus runs over you, except the engine is silent, the headlights are off, the wheels make no screech. All you want is to run harder and faster, but all that happens are the tears that won't stop, then all you are is a sobbing pile of mess amongst the people pounding the track. You want to stop but you can't, everything slows to a blur around you.

But my darling, have a little faith, a little patience. That time will come to a pass. It'll become a past you may remember. Perhaps it's a blessing if you don't, perhaps it's a lesson if you do. Have a little faith.

We'll be counting stars. Lately I been, I been losing sleep. Dreaming about the things that we could be.
I feel something so right yet doing the wrong thing. I feel something so wrong yet doing the right thing.
Hope is a four letter word



// Lately I've been feeling a lack of motivation. Giving up on all sorts of things because I think there's no way I could achieve it. Where's the passion?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

-

I'm really beginning to get turned off by GP. There are so many parallels with Literature in the questions, the emphasis they place on inference, on tone and attitudes and literary devices, but there isn't any similarities when it comes down to answering the questions. It's almost like, they expect a standard answer, from a very non-standardised kind of questions, the kind of questions that ask how you feel, how you think, how you understand something. And I just don't think that a reasonable answer can be marked wrong, just because the setter wishes to emphasis on something else? It's ridiculous. Makes me miss the times in Lit, when we actually saw through a unique, different answer by using evidence to support it. Nothing was deemed as "No, you're wrong". I think the way GP is going, it's going to suck the brains out of us. They just don't want to accept our views. So, I wanted to do more photoshopping and go through some funky tutorial on fo...

New

New blog, new URL. But, disgusting as always. Wonder why I'm writing my first post with SO MUCH ANGST . & I thought CCA would get much better with new people coming in. HOW WRONG WAS I. From my wonderful junior: "I watch porn and I'm being honest about it" "I've never handed in homework on time since Sec 3. But I made it here still, so oh wells" Epic fail . Nicole pointed out that I have too many black things. Black shoes, black backpack, black phone, black wallet, black laptop bag, black jacket. I welcome c o l o u r f u l donations.

Take this sinking ship and point it home; We've still got time (Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová, Falling Slowly)

I just realised the reality of informing parents that I, their dear daughter, has failed Chem twice in a row. 43%. And that isn't a pretty picture. Its a son-of-a-bitch of a reality. It's always at this point of time wherein I panic, and regret not studying harder, though I can't quite change anything already. That panic should probably kick in 1 month before the exams where I actually can do something. Pity my reaction system is a tad delayed. And I don't seem to have conditioned to the idea of: Panic way before exam > Study > Do relatively ok > Happily ever after. It's probably also not good that I don't think critically enough. Observing and thinking should be natural. Just not coming to me. So there was a talk on how to write personal statements. So people get coached on how to write personal statements. Any random person's personal statement can be transformed from a bland boring one into a pretty, inspiring, lovely, memorable, unique one with ...