Skip to main content

But dreams come slow and they go so fast

Some backdated things that've been happening in my life:

10/11/2013,

Ran Great Eastern 10KM with TF ^^. Daddy woke up early to send me to The Promontory in the rain. I wonder if it takes pain for people to see the love others have, but recently I've been very very touched by his love for the family. We're always a priority. Anyhows, the rain was so heavy around the Choa Chu Kang area, I was quite upset that I may not be able to run, partly because I had given myself a two day break from running for the 10K already. Super glad that the skies cleared up by the time it was the 10KM flag off.

Paced with this crazy girl who was going at 5min/KM. This is way faster than my normal pace and I nearly died at the halfway mark. Forced myself to slow down because I know my heart would have just stopped if I continued at that pace. Chanced upon this really warm Caucasian dude who was pacing his wife. He actually stopped to give a pep talk to this woman who gave up around the 9.5KM mark, encouraging her to press on. Little bits of good things happening.

Finished with a timing of 1:00:04. Satisfied with the timing I guess, though I was trying for sub-hour. But I just didn't have enough determination to push on towards the end.


Running has become as much of an exercise to lose weight, as a drug to me. Two days without it and I start having withdrawal symptoms, as if everything in the world is not right. I begin to feel that clothes don't fit, food doesn't taste right and my body starts to ache like crazy. One 6 click run later, all muscle ache magically disappears. Who needs massages? It's true that one can become addicted to Runner's High.

Headed over to Stranger's Reunion for Waffles after that. Two stinky, sweaty girls in a nice cafe.. we didn't bathe. The waffles were super good! Fluffy and soft and crispy. And the ice cream was perfect after a run. Wished that there were more flavours for the ice cream (don't know why it's always only vanilla bean that's on offer) and that I could have maple syrup as well.

Ordered Truffle Fries, because I'm always craving for truffle fries. Got a mini heart attack when the truffle fries appeared. The serving was humongous. Everytime I've had truffle fries with my friends the servings were always so tiny, and today when it's only two of us, out pops a huge bowl. I supposse the serving was for a much larger group, though the waiter could have politely informed us. Yes, it tasted good, so no complains I guess. I would like to imagine heaven tastes like the truffle in the mayonnaise sauce. The two of us ended up finishing the huge portion of truffle fries, because it was that good. With that, I have negated all the calories burnt.


04/12/2013, 

Ladies night. School's officially over, and exams are done with. Went to The Butter Factory with some of my closest school friends. It's been a long time since I last drank, and it felt good to finally unwind. I'm sorry for the meltdown I had towards the end. I will always be eternally grateful to these people for taking care of the crazy me, crying and cursing at everyone. And yet, they were there pat talking to me and encouraging me of a better tomorrow. 

 Say hi to my new red lipstick // Officially addicted.

 Thank you lovelies for taking care of me.

 All monsters are humans.

 Be Happy. Take Care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing ever really gets me down, other than when I feel that I am not wanted. One of the saddest moments is when someone isn't happy to see you. Body language tells a whole story on it's own. How pathetic is it that someone you barely know can raise a bigger smile. I hate life in university sometimes. None of the lecturers, professors, doctors, tutors, teaching assistants really care if you do well. Their job is to come to lesson, dictate the information word by word. If you are smart enough to question what you're learning, what you're doing then good for you. If you aren't, then try your best to tread water and not drown in the ocean. For the next 4 years. I don't understand how one can improve and learn from mistakes when tests don't even come back, not even results. Are we supposed to just bumble our way around? How am I supposed to know if I'm doing things right or wrong. Throwing people into tests without any practices just doesn't make an

190610.

Hee, ok so I think its quite lame. But since I already did it, here it is ((:. A few things you should know: It's probably not worth anything, but if, like u know, I get sued for some reason that I know and I will not be writing so that I don't get found, it's going to be worth alot. The opportunity cost of doing this is doing work you know ! Hah. So if I fail CTs... Heh. Joking. Don't go on a guilt trip. I swear my ears are going to bleed if I listen to Sam Tsui again. But the Lady Gaga clip was worth it ^^ I'm not sure how this blogger thing works though. Full screen may be blur ? D: Check out Lawis' present: (See the full size images k haha )