Skip to main content

Run baby run

I feel the most alive after a good run. The last three months has really seen me becoming lazier and lazier, sleeping in and refusing to change out into running gear and go down for a run. I was really in tip top shape, running at least 5.5 clicks every day, 4 out of 7 days and the 5th day I would go out for an 8 click run. Lazing off has seen my stamina and determination disappear into thin air.

It's true that running is a mental game. When you're out there running, how far, how fast and how hard you run not only depends on your stamina but how fiercely determined you are to complete a good run. Lose concentration and you'll just stop. Be 'in the zone' and running 10 kilometers can be a piece of cake. That fierce mental game, just hasn't been there recently. (Sadly, this has shown up everywhere including school as well. Oh wells, I have next year to buck the fuck up. )

Building up that mental game and stamina again after losing them is hard. But hey, I'm getting into it. Music helps alot some days, though on others any song, fast or slow, just messes with my rhythm and I get very annoyed. Though right now while I try to become stronger again, a good playlist helps a lot. Heck I was so excited to wake up to run today, it's like I live for it.

So here's my brand new running playlist. I prefer the songs that have visions of grandeur. I find they help me to push harder. Anthem songs are particularly good for these. Any song with a good drum beat is good as well. Pretending to slam the drums help in forgetting the urge to stop early.



Track Listing:

  • Young & Beautiful - Lana Del Rey (Cedric Gervais Remix)
  • LaLaLa - Naughty Boy (Feat Sam Smith)
  • The Rock Harmony - Mashup-Germany
  • Wake me Radioactive - Mashup-Germany
  • Ten Feet Tall - Afrojack (Feat Wrabel) (The original by Wrabel is so tender and good as well)
  • Naughty Pompeii - Mashup-Germany
  • Things Can Only Get Better - Cedric Gervais Feat Howard Jones
  • Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey (Cedric Gervais Remix)
  • Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravtiz
  • Fighter - Christina Aguilera
  • Timber - Pitbull Feat Kesha
  • AWOLNATION - Sail
  • Can't Hold Us - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (Feat Ray Dalton)
  • Demons - Imagine Dragon
  • Feel This Moment - Pitbull (Feat Christina Aguilera)
Listening to songs may not work on every running session and may not be to everybody's tastes. I know of friends who don't like to have the rhythm of their pace affected by the music's beat. There are days when I get affected similarly too. But on sluggish days, it's always handy to have a good playlist lying around. 

The worst songs are the slow melancholic ones. I nearly fell asleep to some before. 
Trial & error is the best strategy to find what gets your pulse up best!

Hair's all over the place

Bloody hot midday run

Say hi to my shoes :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing ever really gets me down, other than when I feel that I am not wanted. One of the saddest moments is when someone isn't happy to see you. Body language tells a whole story on it's own. How pathetic is it that someone you barely know can raise a bigger smile. I hate life in university sometimes. None of the lecturers, professors, doctors, tutors, teaching assistants really care if you do well. Their job is to come to lesson, dictate the information word by word. If you are smart enough to question what you're learning, what you're doing then good for you. If you aren't, then try your best to tread water and not drown in the ocean. For the next 4 years. I don't understand how one can improve and learn from mistakes when tests don't even come back, not even results. Are we supposed to just bumble our way around? How am I supposed to know if I'm doing things right or wrong. Throwing people into tests without any practices just doesn't make an

190610.

Hee, ok so I think its quite lame. But since I already did it, here it is ((:. A few things you should know: It's probably not worth anything, but if, like u know, I get sued for some reason that I know and I will not be writing so that I don't get found, it's going to be worth alot. The opportunity cost of doing this is doing work you know ! Hah. So if I fail CTs... Heh. Joking. Don't go on a guilt trip. I swear my ears are going to bleed if I listen to Sam Tsui again. But the Lady Gaga clip was worth it ^^ I'm not sure how this blogger thing works though. Full screen may be blur ? D: Check out Lawis' present: (See the full size images k haha )