Skip to main content

KBox & the Emo Songs

KBOX Lunch with Soo today! Lunch was horrible. The waitress told us to order from Menu A and gave us food from Menu B. I ended up with Carbonara instead of Bolognaise even though I don't fancy cream sauce. But Mich wasn't in a grumpy enough mood to scold the waitress, so compromise is the word.



 ^^v Bad Hair Day, but it's ok.

The retarded friends are the ones you should keep around.

Sing sang sung for 3 hours. I used to not like karaoke-ing. So shy of my zao-xia voice. But recently I've adopted a more devil-may-care attitude. Don't like my singing? DEAL WITH IT. Else you can laugh at me and I'll just shove the mic up your nose.

It brought back memories of the last K-session I had though. The good and the bad. The songs we sang that day and the songs whose lyrics creep into your heart and tear at the wounds there. Chinese lyricists have a knack for that. Chinese has a poetic quality to it that makes it beautiful and wondrously sad.

李聖傑-最近 || Warning: Tearjerker

你最近不說話, 怎麼了為什麼, 是不是有什麼事讓你不快樂.
聽說你最近很孤單 有點亂 有點慌 可是我卻不能夠在你的身旁

你想要的 我卻不能夠給你我全部 我能給的卻又不是你想要擁有的
我們不適合也不想認輸 好幾次我們抱著彼此都是想要哭

你常解釋這樣的一切都只是開始 我覺得是所有的一切早就已結束
不想再約束不要再痛苦 下一次會有更好的情路

愛 我卻不能夠給你我全部 我能給的卻又不是你想要擁有的
我們不適合也不想認輸 好幾次我們抱著彼此都是想要
哭

這一次我們都能很幸福

Speak your heart young one. Do not be afraid.

我错就错在一直不想认输。 一直盲信你這是开始。Days ahead will be better without this burden. Fuck you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

German's the first module in a long long time that I've taken that requires hardcore mugging. I think I forgot how to memorize and hardcore mug. Godbless my headache.  Peace.

Really?

It's been almost 5 months since the trip to Cambodia, but, it doesn't nearly feel as long as that. It's probably cheesy to say that it's changed me for life, but I think that it has. Everytime I receive an email related to the orphange in Cambodia, I tend to reminisce about the whole experience there. It's almost awesomely weird that I can get so attached to people I've talked to, spent time with for only a few days. I guess, there's a sense of genuiness in what they say. No lies, no cover-ups. Getting through the initial awkwardness of shyness, of inhibition, makes it all the more fulfilling maybe. That Vimol and Sok Heng treated me as a friend, talked to me as friend to friend despite being strangers at the start of the day and despite the relative language barriers warms my heart. That Titu and Narin help out in every way that they can with all the smiles and laughter, makes me feel like I should be cheerful and happy 24/7. But I guess, realising that...

Take this sinking ship and point it home; We've still got time (Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová, Falling Slowly)

I just realised the reality of informing parents that I, their dear daughter, has failed Chem twice in a row. 43%. And that isn't a pretty picture. Its a son-of-a-bitch of a reality. It's always at this point of time wherein I panic, and regret not studying harder, though I can't quite change anything already. That panic should probably kick in 1 month before the exams where I actually can do something. Pity my reaction system is a tad delayed. And I don't seem to have conditioned to the idea of: Panic way before exam > Study > Do relatively ok > Happily ever after. It's probably also not good that I don't think critically enough. Observing and thinking should be natural. Just not coming to me. So there was a talk on how to write personal statements. So people get coached on how to write personal statements. Any random person's personal statement can be transformed from a bland boring one into a pretty, inspiring, lovely, memorable, unique one with ...