Skip to main content
Let's see, happier more relaxed times! Traveled to Australia in June with my mom, and two brothers. It's been 9 years since we took a family trip. Only thing missing is my dad not there with us.

We spent days 1 - 4 in Gold Coast! :D Though I have to say that Gold Coast isn't the most interesting of cities. It's just, old and tired. Sure the theme parks seem fun. Seem because I'm scared of them. I just don't have the courage to put my heart through the speeds and the height and the drops. It's abit easier when the eyes are closed... BUT.. Thanks but no thanks!

Reaching at 4pm in the middle of winter meant we spent our time getting to the hotel, unpacking a little and then boom it was dark. The day ended so early! Hot piping food was the only comfort in the cold danky night. Fish and chips in Australia from any food stall just seems to taste good.

While lugging luggages to the hotel haha

Movie World on day 2 ! Spent a shitload of money going around taking photos. Please don't bring me to theme parks. Waste $$$ that could have been spent somewhere else!



Got tricked up the Scooby Doo monster ride. It looked like a fun, kiddo, chill ride from the outside. C'mon since when was Scooby Doo scary!!!!! THEN............... THE RIDE JUST WENT CRAZY HALFWAY THROUGH. We were just cruising along, fake scares going around, and then the cart just took a huge drop and, my heart just came out into my mouth from there. I THOUGHT I WOULD DIE IN THAT DARK SHIT HOLE.


Scooby-dooby-doooooooooooooo

Took a kids ride and screamed my head off.

Watched my brother go up Superman Escape and some Batman ride while I just happily went around taking photos. *So proud of him*... not.




Loving the stunt cars show! Awesome drivers are awesome. Drifting, going up ramps, spinning. *wonder-eyed amazement*




Day 3 was more interesting! Took a train down to Brisbane! Brisbane's pretty cool. It's kinda like the busiest city I've been to Australia, especially in the city area. Almost reminded me of Singapore.

 In the trains that had free wi-fi! Awesome shitz! Number 1 addiction of the 21st century: Wi-fi. And this wi-fi isn't the nonsense unstable Singapore free wi-fi kind. It was really stable and fast.

 All the busy bees

And it was hot. Hallelujah. I LOVE THE HEAT. Walked from the city to museums and back. The museum was really interesting.


 Random artsy fartsy place along the street

World War 1 fun facts were fun, moving quotes were moving. I was too tired to really read anything properly but the museum just attracted. There wasn't an old, oppressive, learned atmosphere about it. I  can spend my whole day there!

Out of the box, under the stage

There was some Children Festival going on while we were there. CUTE CHILDREN EVERYWHERE. Out in full force. Teachers bringing their school kids on excursions. Parents with their children. Mayhem. 

S


The man who ranges in No Man's Land is dogged by the shadows on either hand;
When the star-shell's flare, as it bursts o'erhead, Scares the gray rats that feed on the dead,
And the bursting bomb or the bayonet-snatch May answer the click of your safety-catch,
For the lone patrol, with his life in his hand,
Is hunting for blood in No Man's Land
- No Man's Land by Captain James H. Knight-Adkin

 Dinosaur :D !

Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary on the last day! Haha quite cool going around looking at the animals!

 Not sure why I was so excited looking at dingoes haha. The koalas were just kind of not very interesting though quite cute.

Just slowly going about their day, sleeping, munching on eucalyptus leaves. 

The kangaroos were the cutest! One of them hopped right up to me with a joey in the pouch! Joey super cute! ( A friend actually asked me how come I knew the name of the kangaroo -,- )

 


Crocodile with a tumour thing (?) on it's feet. It never quite moved when we were there. There were flies flying around it's feet D:



 
Surfer's Paradise :D And being retarded there LOL

 




Met up with a friend in Gold Coast! :D Always great to see familiar faces abroad.

 

I guess it was pretty wasted that we didn't get a chance to really spend an afternoon in Surfer's Paradise. I'm not a beach kind of person, but the sand is so fine! Froze to death spending the evening there instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing ever really gets me down, other than when I feel that I am not wanted. One of the saddest moments is when someone isn't happy to see you. Body language tells a whole story on it's own. How pathetic is it that someone you barely know can raise a bigger smile. I hate life in university sometimes. None of the lecturers, professors, doctors, tutors, teaching assistants really care if you do well. Their job is to come to lesson, dictate the information word by word. If you are smart enough to question what you're learning, what you're doing then good for you. If you aren't, then try your best to tread water and not drown in the ocean. For the next 4 years. I don't understand how one can improve and learn from mistakes when tests don't even come back, not even results. Are we supposed to just bumble our way around? How am I supposed to know if I'm doing things right or wrong. Throwing people into tests without any practices just doesn't make an
FUCKING HORRIBLE ENGLISH When I was younger, my mind was made up that if my parents divorced, I would follow my mom. Now that I am older, I see so much my dad's been through, and all I want him to know is that no matter what happens I'm here for him. To me, my dad's like God. Nothing can be too difficult for him. Seeing him so affected by everything that's happened (vague but I can't describe anything either because there are so many legal implications) makes me really upset. There's nothing much I can do except be his listening ear now and then, be his errands boy, and support all his decisions. I think it's rather upsetting that my mom is being so unsupportive. I'm really tired going back and forth the hospital. Will things get better from now? ): We get older, we see more of the ugly realities of life. I used to think that this life is mine. I make my own decisions, and I would go to any lengths to get what I want, disregarding what others