Skip to main content

They want to see us fall; They want to see us fall (Cheryl Cole, Parachute)


http://imshopping.rediff.com/imgchkbooks/75-100/books/pixs/78/1416522778.jpg
"Your death's like the sun: You can't look straight at it for longer than a second or two. The looming-up momentarily annihilates everything else, then lets it all back in." - Glen Duncan, The Bloodstone Papers.

It's terrible that I keep sleeping in the canteen every morning. But that extra 1 hour or so of sleep is very very satisfying, though it does rob me of the time to talk to friends or try to catch up on abit of tutorial or read my book. The early morning RJ canteen is pretty interesting though. There's a calm quietness about it amidst the bustle of the stallholders getting ready for the day. One or two Indian workers will play their music sometimes. And just watching sleepy bleary-eyed people walking through the canteen can fill up my time.

Event of the day:
Elizabeth, Tingfang and Michelle are walking up the stairs. Zewei is one flight of stairs below them. He calls Michelle. Three of them look down, laugh then runs off, because nobody wants to talk to him. A few hours later, Elizabeth and Michelle walk towards RJ and chit chats away. Suddenly they turn around, and like a ghost, Zewei was beside them.

WHO JUST TURNS UP BESIDE PEOPLE AND WALK THERE WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING. ==

Somehow, I always manage to fail Chemistry, and the feeling of being a failure somehow diminishes with each and every S grade I get.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take this sinking ship and point it home; We've still got time (Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová, Falling Slowly)

I just realised the reality of informing parents that I, their dear daughter, has failed Chem twice in a row. 43%. And that isn't a pretty picture. Its a son-of-a-bitch of a reality. It's always at this point of time wherein I panic, and regret not studying harder, though I can't quite change anything already. That panic should probably kick in 1 month before the exams where I actually can do something. Pity my reaction system is a tad delayed. And I don't seem to have conditioned to the idea of: Panic way before exam > Study > Do relatively ok > Happily ever after. It's probably also not good that I don't think critically enough. Observing and thinking should be natural. Just not coming to me. So there was a talk on how to write personal statements. So people get coached on how to write personal statements. Any random person's personal statement can be transformed from a bland boring one into a pretty, inspiring, lovely, memorable, unique one with ...

Old women acting as students

So Class Learning Journey yesterday. Doubt we learnt anything watching old women acting as students - according to Kenneth - though. Most of us anyways. Not much of a bonding session for the class either. But, 'twas fun taking lesbian shots in front of Valentine's Day displays with Elizabeth and Tingfang and getting laughed at by blading chubby ang mohs. My dad really intends for me to study engineering o0. Highly doubt I'm going to do it, but I'm not saying anything more than a 'maybe I will' now. Wait until my results come back, then I'll launch into a quarrel with him lalalala. Pointless to do it now anyways. Need to study firsttt. Amazing how I'm wasting my time away in front of the computer. And the only B I got during promos - for GP, probably is down the drain now, seeing how my essay got torn apart by Miss Tan ):

Really?

It's been almost 5 months since the trip to Cambodia, but, it doesn't nearly feel as long as that. It's probably cheesy to say that it's changed me for life, but I think that it has. Everytime I receive an email related to the orphange in Cambodia, I tend to reminisce about the whole experience there. It's almost awesomely weird that I can get so attached to people I've talked to, spent time with for only a few days. I guess, there's a sense of genuiness in what they say. No lies, no cover-ups. Getting through the initial awkwardness of shyness, of inhibition, makes it all the more fulfilling maybe. That Vimol and Sok Heng treated me as a friend, talked to me as friend to friend despite being strangers at the start of the day and despite the relative language barriers warms my heart. That Titu and Narin help out in every way that they can with all the smiles and laughter, makes me feel like I should be cheerful and happy 24/7. But I guess, realising that...